It’s been an incredible start to Summer 2019. The weather’s flitted from thundery showers to sweaty, gorgeous sunshine. Have you already been on your summer holiday? With the kids being off, it’s definitely one of the busiest times of the year.
What this means for your car is bad news as driving in hot, unpleasant weather can be a pain. Here’s our top tips to surviving in your car this summertime…
- Planning Your Journey. Preparation is one of the most important elements of travelling. If possible, start your journey in the early morning or early evening dayparts – when it’s generally cooler.
- Pick Sensible Shoes. It might be tempting to drive in the most comfortable shoes possible (Except Flip Flops!), but what if you need to brake suddenly? Consider light, airy shoes as the safest option while driving.
- The Highway Code states that you need to “slow down” if you’re being dazzled by the sun. Keeping sunglasses with you is a good option, especially if you’re planning on driving on the motorways of long distance.
- Keeping your car parked in a cool place can help with overheating dramatically. There’s nothing worse than getting into a car and feeling the heat straight away.
- Keep your AC at an acceptable level. If you’re concerned about your AC working, contact our friends at Pristine AutoCare.
- Take plenty of water to keep hydrated.
- When you leave your car, don’t forget to take any pets with you as the heat can be very dangerous to them.
That’s our top tips for surviving in your car over the summer period. Oh.. And, finally.. Don’t forget to take advantage of our next event happening at the end of August!